Tuesday 14 December 2010

Filming and the Beginning of Editing

Before I began filming my teaser trailer I assumed that I wouldn't have many problems. I thought the only minor issues I would have would be that my characters would keep laughing. 


However, when it came to the day of the shoot i realised I couldn't do the high angle shot as I was originally going to climb a tree to receive this shot as no ladder was available. Although I was unable to do this as it was wet and very slippy which became a hazard. The same issue was caused again when I did a re-shoot. I also did a re-shoot as I changed my camera. I first recorded my shots on a recorder, although the poor quality resulted in me re-shooting on a digital slr which gave me a sharper result.


To be able to use my clips I had to convert all my footage from 'AVI' files to 'MOV' files so that I wouldn't need to render them every time I make an alteration to my editing. For example, if I put in a  special effect then each time I added one I would have to render the sequence each time.


This is the first time I have ever used Final Cut Express. To learn some of the basics I went on YouTube to view tutorials of how to do some basic editing on this programme. I learnt how to do the very basic tasks of importing clips and how to place them on to the timeline. When I understood how to do this I put all the clips I wanted to include in my teaser trailer sequence in order. I then began searching for tutorials on how to include transitions as I wanted to make my trailer look more realistic. This tutorial (shown below) really helped me with experimenting with transitions.