Monday 8 November 2010

Inspiration for my Teaser Trailer



When I was thinking of ideas for a horror themed teaser trailer, I knew that a forest would be a great location as they are stereotypically known for being derelict, quiet and quite sinister in the film world, so therefore decided to build my story based around a forest area. Around the time of the beginning stages for my initial thoughts and story board processes, I had seen the Alton Towers advert (advertising a ride) several times which gave me inspiration for my teaser trailer. I liked the idea of the ghost girl look and wanted to build on this. I then began to look at different nursery rhymes and which could embed dark meanings. I first thought of 'Jack and Jill went up the hill' so that I could pay on the 'tumbling down' bit. Although I then thought of 'Ring O Ring of Roses' which I briefly knew was written about the plague.

When I chose this nursery rhyme I thought I would use several children instead of one person as people are familiar with groups of children walking in a circle singing to it. I also used younger children as I thought it was ironic as they subvert the traditional happy and angelic stereotype of children. This is also why I painted their faces in white and black to add to the atmosphere.

Going back to the nursery rhyme which has connections to the plague I wanted the title to have something about being contagious in it. So I came up with 'Contagion.'

I would also like to try and see what a coloured filter over the top of my trailer would look like and if it helps heighten the atmosphere.